The following calendar and Upcoming Events list show our standing events. You can find more details about any of these events and additional one-time events in the current newsletter — click on the Newsletters tab above.
Feb 4 2018: The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch
Mar 18: How to Think by Alan Jacobs
- will also include an essay (to be announced) by Deborah Tannen
Apr 15: Half Earth by E O Wilson
- Will also include an article from The Atlantic refuting Kolbert's Sixth Extinction
May 20: Time Detectives by Brian Fagan
Jun 17: Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
Jul 22: Evolution of Beauty by Richard Prum
Aug 19: Lewis and Clark.
Read one of these (or another book on the topic) and come prepared to discuss it!
• From Sea to Shining Sea by James Alexander Thom
• Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose
• The Journals of Lewis and Clark
Sep 23: Without You There Is No Us by Suki Kim
Oct 28: Reality is Not What It Seems by Carlo Rovelli
Nov 18: Venomous by Christie Wilcox
Dec 16: Dialogues: Conversations on the Nature of the Universe by Clifford Johnson
Jan 20, 2019: Hidden Life of Trees by Hans Wohlleben
Feb 17: I Was Told to Come Alone by Souad Mekhennet
Mar 17: The Year of Lear by James Shapiro
Apr 21: Why Zebras Don't Get Ulcers by Robert Sapolsky